Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why Am I Cycling?

`I could give several good logical reasons why I diligently cycling now. One that must be on top of the list would be exercising for health reason. True, but if I were to be honest with my self it is not just entirely that. Just like train I guess I just love cycling and because I did not have a bicycle when I grew up the needs exploded now when I could afford any bicycle that I want. My father did not buy us a bike not because he could not afford it but more for him the bike meant a longer reach for us. Being a naughty boy that I was the bicycle will take me even further than I was used to. It was a way of protecting me from me. I could understand that but I was really angry and frustrated. All my friends had their own bike and they even cycled to school but I felt I was deprived of the excitement. My only option then was of course to borrow my friends or anybody’s bike that I could. Sometimes I was so embarrassed by it. When I was back in my kampong most of the uncles would gladly borrowed their ‘Norton’ bicycle to me. I practically could cycle every day or every time it was not being used. But I had to be very careful as the bicycle back then was the main transportation for their livelihood. The best time was when I cycled side saddle liked on paddy bund.

So I am cycling now because I did not have my own bicycle when I was a kid. Payback time!!!

No comments: